Government, Regulation & Legislative Affairs
We creatively craft solutions to the complex legal challenges presented by policy makers
Fully aware of the government's pervasive influence in the operations of businesses and other entities, TCM creatively crafts solutions to the complex legal challenges presented by policy makers.
Our firm has a strong relationship with business and non-profit groups, former government officials, state government practitioners, technical experts, other lobbyists, and international attorneys and professionals. We are positioned to cover a wide range of needs in dealing with the Puerto Rico government executive and legislative branches.
TCM's government and legislative affairs practice covers a broad range of services, including:
- Development and implementation of comprehensive strategies to achieve specific goals at all levels of the Commonwealth government
- Direct advocacy with government officials (legislative and executive)
- Drafting of legislation and agency regulations
- Compliance with the laws and regulations governing federal programs
- Federal grant applications
- Government contracts
- Public policy planning
- Legislative and regulatory drafting and analysis
- Participation in municipal, Commonwealth, and Federal rulemaking processes (and judicial challenges to final rulemaking)
- Legislative and executive branch monitoring
- Drafting of position papers to be submitted to legislative committees and witness preparation
- Inspectors General and legislative investigations
- Government affairs support through international networks (United States, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Panama, Cuba, Spain)
TCM is duly registered as lobbyist at both the Senate and the House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Representative clients and matters (Government & Legislative Affairs): Praxair, BV (Gas & Pharmacy Act matters, DOH Rulemaking, Environmental); Cemex de PR (Environmental, Natural Resources, Green Energy, Land Use, and Fair Trade Practices); Waste Management (Environmental, Solid Waste, Recycling, Property Tax Legislation; Rulemaking process); Commercial Centers Management (Public Service Commission); Rockwell International (PRASA Legislation and Regulations); Film Industry Clients (Film incentives).
Practice Group Members: